Hampshire Renewable Energy Co-operative is a co-op registered with the Industrial and Provident Society.
This policy applies to information collected on this website and our associated websites. We refer to these sites collectively here as “our website” and/ or “HREC’s website”.
We are the Data Controller of personal information that this policy applies to under the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR).
We only collect information about you that:
· helps us make the site work better for you
· lets us contact you if we need to
· lets us give you accurate local information if you need it
· shows us how you are using the site, so we can keep improving it
· helps us understand why you support our work, so we can better meet your needs and find more people like you.
Parts of the site may ask you for more information so that you can use services or complete transactions. You will always be told when this information is being collected. In some cases you will be asked to enter it – for example, an email address for correspondence. This information will only be used for the purposes stated.
The information we collect and the legal basis for doing so
We collect the following information from people visiting the website:
· Questions, queries and feedback you leave, including your email address if you send us an email
· Your IP address and which web browser (and version) you use
· Information on how people use the site, using cookies and page tagging, to help us improve the website and our services
· If you send us feedback, your message will be kept
We collect data either by obtaining your informed consent or because we need to keep records on members and supporters. This information enables us to communicate relevant material to you and/or keep up-to-date membership records.
We will keep of your data for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain it will depend on any legal obligations we have (such as tax recording purposes), the nature of any contracts we have in place with you, the existence of your consent or our legitimate interests as an organisation.
What are cookies?
How we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Payment transactions are encrypted. We use third-party software to manage our data – this is Nimble and Mailchimp. Both companies have confirmed they are GDPR compliant in all aspects including the transfer of data outside the EU. Their privacy statements can be viewed here http://www.nimble.com/company/privacy/ and here https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
The transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure. We’ll do our best to protect your personal data, but cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. We use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
How we use your information
Any information we collect is used to:
· improve the content and design of the website
· let you use interactive features, when you choose to do so
· contact you, with your permission
We never share your information with other organizations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your personal information to any other website.
HREC respects your data and has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure we have mitigated against such risks as loss or unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure of data.
Use of postal addresses and phone numbers
If you enter your postal address or phone number into any of our online forms, we may use these details to contact you, unless you ask us not to. If you have given us your postal address or phone number and would prefer not to be contacted by these means, please email email@example.com
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information:
· if we are under a duty to disclose or share visitors’ personal data to comply with a legal obligation
· for law enforcement purposes
We do not disclose any user data to any third parties.
Under the Data Protection Act and GDPR you have the right to:
· ask us not to process your personal data
· see information we hold about you
· ask for inaccurate personal data to be corrected
· withdraw your consent to process your personal data. All email communications from HREC have an “unsubscribe” link through which you can manage your consent.
For a copy of the personal information we hold about you please contact us. When we are satisfied of your identity we will send you a copy of your personal information that we are legally required to disclose. We may ask you to pay a fee.
Please also contact us if you believe that information we hold about you is inaccurate.
Links to and from our website
When you come to our website from another website, we may get personal information about you from the other website. Read those websites’ privacy policies if you want to know about this.
If you have concerns or questions over the collection, storage or processing of your data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Contact details for the ICO are available here.