Fundraising Spring Walk

 Join us on May 18th for a fundraising walk through the beautiful Hampshire countryside.

We’re taking part in the annual Charity Spring Walk organised by Basingstoke Rotary Club on Sunday 18th May, and we’d love for you to come along too.

Hannington View_1_1

It’s the perfect opportunity to meet fellow members and supporters and raise some funds for the Co-operative at the same time.

There is a choice of circular routes – 4, 7 and 9 miles in length and whilst some of us will be doing the full 9 miles, you select the distance that you feel comfortable with. The walk starts and ends at the Mast at Hannington, nr Basingstoke.

It costs £8 to sign up and register – this fee goes to the Rotary Club to cover the costs of organisation of the event, bottled water on the route and a drink and BBQ at the end of the walk.

Children are also welcome and this year there is a fun Children’s Treasure trail too. Dogs on leads are also allowed.

Get your friends to sponsor you for each mile walked – sponsor forms provided on registration.

We’ll be setting off on the 9 mile walk at 9.30am, but you can start at any time between 9 and 10.

If you’d like to join our little walking team contact Tara at or call her on 07972 093196 for more info.


Sponsor us!

If walking is not your thing, you can sponsor our team on our BT donate page for this event. Donations also accepted via Paypal.

90% of sponsor monies raised on this walk will come directly to Hampshire renewable Energy Co-operative. The remaining 10% goes to Rotary supported charities including Riding for the Disabled.

We’ve set ourselves an ambitious target of £1000 – can you help us achieve it?



NB Wear suitable clothing and footwear. Don’t forget the suncream, camera, drinks and foods as needed.