1. Your Responsibilities
You agree to:
· keep your username and password secure at all times and to contact us immediately if you have reason to believe that they may no longer be secure
· only post material that complies with law in the UK and any country it is posted from
· accept full responsibility for any material you post
· evaluate for yourself the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any opinion, advice or other content in the Interactive Area
· if collecting information that you will use elsewhere, inform any user from whom you collect information how you will use the information and that you, not HREC, are collecting the information.
You agree not to:
· use any other user’s identity or a false identity to log into the Interactive Area
· post harassing, inaccurate, defamatory, abusive, offensive, pornographic, racist, sexist, threatening, vulgar, obscene, hateful or otherwise inappropriate material, or to post material which will constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability or may cause offence in relation to gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or working status
· post medical advice, or accept medical advice posted
· to advertise or offer to sell goods or services for any commercial purpose, make requests for money or promote chain letters without the express written permission of HREC
· post or make available any material protected by copyright, trade mark, confidentiality or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trade mark, confidential information or any other proprietary right. You acknowledge that you will be solely liable for any costs and damages resulting from any infringement
· upload files that contain viruses or files or programs designed or intended to disrupt, damage or limit the functioning of software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorised access to data or other information of HREC or any third party. You will be solely responsible for damages from claims that may arise because you posted files that caused damage to the operation of another person’s software, hardware or telecommunications equipment.
· While every effort is made to remove posts with, or that link to, inappropriate content, if you find anything offensive please contact us.
· To complain about anything posted in the Interactive Area of our website please contact us.
· When users submit material in some parts of the Interactive Area, the material is posted automatically. We may, but are not obliged to, monitor this material and edit or remove any material we deem inappropriate, without giving reason or notice.
· To the full extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any loss or damage arising from use of the Interactive Area against the Rules.
· We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of the Rules. We may temporarily or permanently deny any user access to the Interactive Area without reason or notice.
o immediately, temporarily or permanently withdraw your right to use the website
o immediately, temporarily or permanently remove your posts or material you uploaded to the website
o give you a warning
o undertake legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all losses and costs on an indemnity basis – including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs – resulting from the breach;
o take any other legal action against you
o disclose information to law enforcement authorities.
· The responses described in this policy are not limited. We may take any other action we reasonably think is needed.
4. Your identity and licence
· You acknowledge that:
o material posted in the Interactive Area are not private communications and can be viewed by everybody who visits the Interactive Area
o other users may be able to identify who has posted material
· You must log out of the Interactive Area when you have finished posting material to prevent anyone else accessing the Interactive Area using your identity. This is particularly important where other people may use the same computer as you. If you do not log off, you may be deemed to be the person posting material unless you can prove otherwise.
· For your safety and security, we recommend that you do not disclose personal information such as your credit card details, home address, email address or phone number in the Interactive Area.
· By posting material in the Interactive Area, you confirm that you:
o are the sole author of that material and it is your own original work. You own the copyright and any other intellectual property in that material and the permissions given here do not conflict with any other rights you may have granted.
o are granting us a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free licence for commercial or non-commercial purposes to display the material in all and any media in its original format or edited, altered or combined with other works.
o are not entitled to make any claim for payment, editorial control, use or any works derived from it.
o agree that these permissions may not be withdrawn and shall last forever, binding on you, your successors and assignees.
o are granting to all other users of HREC’s website the right to access such material and to view, store and reproduce the material for personal use and to enforce these Rules against you if you breach them.
5. Limitation of liability and exclusion of warranties
· You acknowledge that users are solely responsible for the material they upload.
· To the fullest extent allowed by law, we are not liable for loss, damage or distress as a result of material in the Interactive Area.
· We are not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made in the Interactive Area. Material shall not be considered to be reviewed, screened, monitored, edited or approved by us.
· You acknowledge that you are responsible for any material that you post in the Interactive Area and that if you breach any of the Rules you may be personally liable to us and any third party that suffers harm as a result.
· You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified us, our successors and assigns, our directors, trustees, offices, employees and agents from and against all liabilities, claims, losses, costs, damages and expenses including legal fees we may reasonably incur if you breach any of the Rules, or arising from your use of the Interactive Areas or use of information obtained from the Interactive Area.
We reserve the right to change the Rules at any time without notice. You are bound by any changes made to these Rules from the date of the change.
· The Rules shall be governed by and interpreted under English law.
· The English Courts have exclusive jurisdiction to hear disputes between us.