You’ll already be aware of our biggest project – Bullington Cross Wind Farm – but what else do we spend our time and resources on?
Our aim is to get MW of community energy projects funded over the next 2 years. We’ve looked at a number of different technologies but for now we are focusing on solar, wind and biomass.
Well Hampshire is blessed with renewable resources. We live in the 2nd sunniest county in the UK; Hampshire is the most wooded county in England; because we are near the coast we have ample amount of wind. We will look at other technologies later. But for now we think it’s all about wind, sun and crops!
We are always looking out for other projects and whilst there are many opportunities out there that we are following up as fast as we can, we thought you might like to know about our recent actions and projects in the pipeline.
1. We have applied for a £20,000 grant to carry out a feasibility study into putting up to 600kW of solar panels on the roof of two major further education colleges.
2. We are meeting with Hampshire County Council to discuss the community funding of solar panels on all of Hampshire schools.
3. We have signed a MoU with a solar farm developer in the south of the county for a share in a 10MW solar farm.
4. We have met with Eastleigh, Winchester and Basingstoke Councils to work out how we can fund renewable energy projects in their districts.
5. We have identified an old land fill site that is ideal for a 100% owned solar farm. The landowner is Hampshire County Council. This site could host a 3MW solar farm.
6. We are working with a group of engineers to identify small scale wind turbine sites around Hampshire.
7. We are talking with a major retailer about putting community funded solar panels on the roof of one of the region’s largest supermarkets.
8. We are talking with the two major Local Enterprise Partnerships (Solent and M3 Enterprise).
So as you can see, we are keeping ourselves very busy.
Can you help us identify more opportunities?